Robert Cagle, M.D.
Board Certified Orthopaedic SurgeonJoint Replacement / Sports Medicine
Dr. Cagle is an orthopaedic surgeon who has extensive training in joint replacement surgery of the knee and hip. He is proficient in both primary and revision hip and knee replacement. Dr. Cagle utilizes minimally invasive techniques, such as the direct anterior (DA) approach to total hip replacement, to speed post-operative recovery and experience less pain. Dr. Cagle has extensive experience with robotics (MAKO), partial knee replacements, navigation and other modern joint replacement techniques. Dr. Cagle is fellowship trained in hip preservation/sports medicine as well as in trauma. Dr. Cagle has experience with professional athletes as an assistant team physician for the Indianapolis Colts and amateur athletes by covering high school athletics, Division I collegiate athletics, boxing and mixed martial arts.
Dr. Cagle comes from the Midwest but loves the outdoors and the beauty of the Northern California. He and his wife, Amy, have two children. In his leisure time Dr. Cagle enjoys competing in Ironman triathlons, fishing, boating, camping, hiking, and spending time with his family.
- Undergraduate: Purdue University, Hammond, IN
- Medical: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Internship: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Hip Preservation/Sports Medicine Fellowship: Methodist Sports Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- Traveling Fellowship: AO Traveling Trauma Fellowship, Bern, Switzerland